Saturday, November 16, 2013

Dear Jane I'm Just About Ready

I have been putting together my arsenal to take on Dear Jane, the 1860's quilt pieced by Jane Stickle.

Book. Check.
Book rebound to lie flat. Check.
CD-ROM. Check.
Rulers. Check.
Steady Betty Pressing Board. Check.
Join Kathy Tracy's DearJaneSQT Yahoo group. Check.





Kelly at Pressing Matters in Holland has ordered my fifteen yards of Kona Snow background fabric. It should be in two weeks from now.






After returning from my first ever Quilt Shop Hop I tried out my Steady Betty pressing board. I love it. It grips the little pieces like nothing else. The size, 12 x 12, is perfect for my portable ironing board.



I have been putting together a couple bookmarks that contain tutorials to get me started. I don't have my background fabric yet but I intend on piecing two or three blocks just to get this under way. 

Freezer Paper Foundation Piecing? I need to study that for sure so I found this tutorial by the twiddletails store. I don't even know how to say that! But here is a link to it:


                 http://www.twiddletails.com/store/index.php?main_page=page&id=21



And here is a link to what goes on behind Block H-1 Peek-a-Boo:

         http://karensquilting.com/blog/2009/08/the-construction-of-a-handpieced-dear-jane-block-a-tutorial/


                 Here goes nothin'!





No comments:

Post a Comment